When stress over an upcoming day/event starts to take over and ruin my "now", there are a few things that help tremendously:
1. Taking care of anything that can be done ahead of time to reduce the load. (I often stay up a little late the night before if necessary, to get a jump on things. I sleep better that way.)
2. Remember that worrying won't make things go any better.
3. Remember that if every single thing on the to-do list doesn't go as planned...well, it just won't be the end of the world.
4. Remember that in general, NOBODY ELSE CARES! Not as much as the planner does. If something goes awry with things that aren't life or death, no one else is likely to lose sleep over it. So...we shouldn't either.
5. Remember to love ourselves by not holding ourselves to impossible standards.
Have any stress-reducing tips to share? Please put them in the comments below. Thanks and
(P.S. In taking my own advice, I'll be posting this tonight instead of tomorrow, which is scheduled to be a packed day.)