1. Completed a first draft novel.
2. Re-read, shared with other writers for feedback, edited, edited, and edited some more.
3. Submitted multiply queries, in as many different incarnations, to agents and publishers.
4. Watched, waited and accepted rejections.
5. Received request for full. (YES!)
6 .Received request for revise and resubmit. (Okay.)
7. Worked like a maniac on revisions for a resubmit as fast as possible.
8. Received acceptance letter. (YES, YES, OH MY, YES!!)
9. Went through five rounds of editing with the publishing pros.
10. Throughout it all, worked on setting up website, FB page, and (most recently)Twitter account for promotion.
11. Filled out extensive forms for publisher for book and author information, blurbs, promotions, cover art, and such.
13. Nearly passed out from ecstasy on the release date.
14. Received first reviews. Shrugged at the less than good ones. Danced and clapped like a silly child for the great ones!
Though I will continue to promote the Wikomsette, it's now time to start the whole process again. Now I have a checklist to which I can refer for my current work in progress. Back to step one! Hooray!