I want to say that the poem, "Without" was written during an extremely challenging period in my life. The reason I posted the poem, is not because it reflects my current state of mind, but because I think most of us have experienced this type of isolation at one time or another. I hope anyone who reads it and recognizes the experience, may take comfort in knowing there are others who feel the same.
I fold their clothes
Drive them here and there
But they don't want me around.
I am a mother without children
I hold their hands
Feed them their meals
But they don't remember my name.
I am a daughter without parents.
I care for his children
Give him my time and companionship
His needs are met, but not mine.
I am a wife without a husband.
How can one be surrounded by people
Yet so alone?
Do I even still exist
Under the labels of Mother, Daughter, Wife?
Am I still on my own journey,
Or merely walking the paths of others?
At times my only strength comes from the hope
That I am not without myself.
Okay, not really my WHOLE life, but ABC's Bach shows are definitely taking too much of my time. Besides the hours spent watching Bachelor in Paradise and After Paradise, I've gotten hooked on reading recaps and chronic tweeting about the darn things. So I have come here to purge, and clear my mind for better use.
Here are my impressions of the Bachelor in Paradise cast, up through Week 5, episode 2:
1. Jared needs to run for the flippin hills. His life-mate is not to be found beneath those palms.
2. Ashley I. needs to stop chasing after a man (no matter how wonderful he is), be more confident in herself, and wait for a man who adores her. She's a stunning beauty. If she develops a sense of self-worth, the men will flock to her.
3.Ashley S. This woman dances to the beat of her own drum and I so admire her for it. Unfortunately, it's not conducive to dancing with someone else.
4. Sam. In the spirit of Dana Carvey's Church Lady, "Somebody sure thinks highly of herself! Isn't that special."
5. Joe. I don't know if therapy can help a sociopath, but dang, it's worth a shot.
6. Jade. At first it was disappointing that she and Jared didn't hook up, as they are my favorites, but Tanner is a great guy. I hope Jade and Tanner get married and have babies and live happily ever after.
7. Carly and Kirk. Ditto what I said about Jade and Tanner.
8. Juelia and Mikey. Two nice people, but I don't see them having more than a friendship. I hope they both meet their partners for life soon, but won't be happening on BIP.
9. Tenley. This lady would be such a catch for any man. I have a hard time seeing party boy Josh as her happily ever after, but I wish her all the best.
10. I do not have a strong opinion about any of the other cast members.
WHEW! Okay, now that I've gotten that off my chest, back to living!
In other news: I have finished my second draft and several rounds of edits on WIKOMSETTE 2. It is off to beta readers, and I hope to be submitting it to Loose Id soon, who published the first Wikomsette book. With yet another novel completed and being considered by a different publisher, I am now free to work on something else. It may be time to get a memoir I wrote several years ago in shape to submit. Then again, it could be exciting to jump into something brand new!
Blessings to All,
About this Blog: A place to share body-positive thoughts and stories. Guests are invited to share from a few sentences, up to several paragraphs of their own experiences